Sunday, June 22, 2014

COUNTRY GAL



Tee - Gina Tricot / Romper - Broken Arrow (Carlings)
 
It's the last day of the midsummer weekend, and I'm still at our summer cottage with my parents. We've had a nice time even though the weather has been quite gloomy. I love the Finnish summer no matter what because of the amount of light, but it would be nice to have more than 16 degrees...

Me and my mum had fun doing some oil painting. I love drawing, but I've stayed away from oil painting since the age of 12 when I first tried it and found it desperately difficult. This time around it was different - I can't believe I've wasted all these years thinking I can't do it, I loved playing around with the colours and the result was good, too! This might well become one of my favourite pastimes.

Once again, I am forced to realize that I'm capable of a whole lot when I just believe in myself and put effort into it. And so are YOU. Don't underestimate yourselves, people; if there's something you really want to accomplish, remember that you're the only one keeping yourself from accomplishing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment