Wednesday, January 8, 2014

BERLIN SHOPPING

So, I was in Berlin during the Christmas sales, and I couldn't resist the temptation.

1. An orange top from Whistles London. I love how the back is longer than the front!
2. A printed blouse from Urban Outfitters, the brand is "Staring at Stars". I've been looking for something like this - baroqueish figures on a dark background.
3. A second hand denim jacket from Kleidermarkt. I first searched the women's section, but all the denim jackets there were cut in a weird way, so I headed to the men's section. Obviously, all the men's jackets were too big, but I found this one that fits perfectly from the Gap boy's collection! It even has one of those name tags sewed on it with which kids' parents ensure the jackets don't get swapped. This one apparently belonged to a "Benjamin Davies". :)
4. An aztec printed basic t-shirt from Forever 21. Looks great under a blazer.
5. An oversize blue chiffon blouse from American Apparel. I've been wearing this nonstop!

I'll try to get some outfit shots done soon, I hate it that I haven't posted proper ones in AGES. Sorry about that. I'm going to have to beg my sister or my friends to help me :D

Anyway, I thought I'd give you some shopping tips if you're ever heading to Berlin!



Kurfürstendamm and Tauentzienstraße are the biggest shopping streets in Berlin. You'll find Forever 21, Urban Outfitters, Bershka, Pull&Bear, Adidas, Esprit, Zara and all the other basics over there! I'd recommend getting off the U-Bahn at Wittenbergplatz - right next to it you'll find KaDeWe, a great department store. Then you can start walking Tauentzienstraße northwestwards and you'll eventually come to Kurfürstendamm.

Kleidermarkt Garage, on Ahornstraße 2, is a big vintage store (where I bought the denim jacket). If you're into second hand, you should definitely pay it a visit.



Personally, my favourite shopping area was near Alexanderplatz. On Münzstraße you'll find e.g. American Apparel and Scotch & Soda. Also, there are cute little shops on Alte Schönhauser Straße, too. We found a great restaurant and a café on that area - I'll post about those later.



Finally, I could mention Friedrichstraße, where there's Galeries Lafayette and other luxury stores. Pricey, but nice for some window shopping.

I hope these tips are of use to someone visiting Berlin!

Have a nice Wednesday evening! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment