Sunday, December 22, 2013

THE DARKEST DAY OF THE YEAR

Lately, Finland has been grey. The streets are grey without snow, the people wear grey coats, the sky is grey, the buildings are grey, the cars are grey.

Finland has also been dark. Right now as I type this, at 9:40 am, it's still dark outside. We have a few hours of daylight and then it gets dark again around 3 pm. 

Yesterday, it was the darkest day of the year - winter solstice. It was also the first day of my Christmas break. In the midst of all the darkness and greyness I needed some light, some colour. So I headed to the city centre of Helsinki to capture some Christmas feeling in photographs.

Here they come - I hope they bring you as much joy as they did to me :)













Cap: Costo, Coat: Marc O'Polo

2 comments:

  1. ihania kuvia! lempparit on roihukuva ja toi missä on höyryä ja ruokaa :-)

    ReplyDelete