Saturday, August 31, 2013

SUMMER 2013

Hello and greetings from the bottom of the bed! Yeah, you got me right - I'm having an end-of-the-summer flu. :( This is why I decided to do a little recap post on my summer.












Unpublished photos from this summer

Sun, sea, sandals, nature, wind, ice cream (lots of it), sports, ships, and most importantly: friends and family.

Most memorable places: our summer cottage, Helsinki, the little beaches close to where I live, Suomenlinna, Tampere, Tallinn, the Hietalahti flea market.

What I loved: less freezing toes, more carefree moments, brunches, how the sun glimmers on waves, having more time to myself, reading books (well, mostly Lord of the Rings).

What I didn't love so much: that I didn't go to any festivals, having two summer flus, sweating all the time. I really looked forward to warmer weather in the spring, but I realized (once again) that I really am a Finn - I can't stand it when it gets hotter than +25 C. Haha. Autumn will be a relief.

All in all, it was a good summer, but I am absolutely ready for the school year - which starts on Monday. Greet all new things with a smile everyone! :)

I would love to hear what your best summer moments have been. What will you remember of summer 2013?

4 comments:

  1. Amazing photos! The best part of my summer was finally being able to experience the scandinavian summer as i went to sweden! It's full of light and I sensed a strong connection to nature there. I especially loved going round the stockholm archipelago with its little islands with mini forests and tiny red houses. I'd love to live in scandinavia, you're so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) And your trip sounds great, Stockholm really is pretty! Yeah, the amount of light is one of the best things in the nordic summer... I'm really going to miss that since in the winter it gets really dark instead.

      Thanks for the comment, I love hearing from you guys! :)

      Delete
  2. Aww I loved it! Hope you get better.
    I'm now here in Finland in Erasmus and was looking for some finnish bloggers when I met your blog. Already following (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm a bit better now, I hope to get some new material posted soon... I'm so glad you liked my blog and thanks for following! :)

      I hope you have an AWESOME Erasmus year! :)

      Delete