Sunday, January 6, 2013






Wearing: dress from Mango / clutch from Lindex

I just spent a wonderful weekend in Hamina, at the RUK course ball :) As all of my Finnish readers know, going to the army is obligatory for all Finnish men when they come of age, and some of them choose to go RUK, where they train to be officers. At the end of their training they have a course ball and I was lucky enough to get invited by a friend to go as his avec this year! I was really psyched to wear the Mango evening gown since one rarely gets to dress up like this.

All the dates were transported to Hamina excrutiatingly early on Saturday morning to start the weekend, and by the time we got to the buses everyone had already been awake for several hours doing their hair (mine was done by my talented little sister!) and makeup - all the girls seemed pretty exhausted and slept through the ride. When we got there were greeted by 700 guys in military uniforms with roses (which, for a not-so-girly-girl like me, felt a bit over the top and syrupy - but I have to admit that it was nice anyway!) and got to watch as one of the guys publicly proposed to his girlfriend (aww!). In the evening there was a ball in the main building of the barrack area, which the guys had transformed into a party venue with bars and even a club downstairs.

I didn't carry my camera with me at the actual party since I only had the clutch with me, but here are a few to describe the area and the feeling.
(I don't like to publish photos of my friends since someone might be offended by having their photo on a public site.)









A rather good start for the year! Thanks for everyone who made it possible :)

14 comments:

  1. Oii ootpa ollut kauniina! Haluatko esitellä asuntoas jossain välissä?:)

    Blogisi on aivan ihana!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hei kiitos, piristitpä just mun päivää! :) Oon itsekin miettinyt että tekisin postauksen kämpästäni, mutta se nyt sattuu olemaan mun eka opiskelija-asunto niin siinä ei ihan älyttömästi esiteltävää ole.. :D mutta sit kun saan ton oman huoneeni sellaiseen kuntoon, että haluan sen näyttää niin ehdottomasti teen postauksen:)

      Delete
  2. vau mitä kuvia, näytät upealta! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ääää liikutuin tosta et joku on kosinu siel sen tyttöystävää! Ihan yli söpööö en kestä :))) toi mekko on älyttömän nätti ja nelli on kyl taitava !!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, se viel tehtii sillee et sen tervetulopuheen aikana yhtä uo:ta "käskettiin" astumaan eteenpäin ja sit kutsuttiin se tyttö siihen kaikkien keskelle kans :) ja jep nelli on mieletön!!

      Delete
  4. You look beautiful. I love your clutch!

    ReplyDelete