Tuesday, September 11, 2012

HAIR TALK

Ok, let's talk some hair!

For a long time now, I have been dreaming about the perfect fairytale Disney princess hair as seen above: long, wavy and thick. Unfortunately, during the past year my hair has gradually become thinner and thinner and getting the hair I've dreamed about isn't really working out for me. Also, my hair is the sleek, silky and straight type, so the only way to get waves is using a flattening iron - which can result in even thinner hair than before. This is why I've tried to find inspiration for new hair for a while now, and this is what has been creeping to my mind lately:




I would probably not cut it as short as in the pictures above since I'm a wuss when it comes to hair, but cutting off some length would definitely give my hair more volume and make it look more alive. I've also started to think about going ombre, but it seems like everybody's been doing it lately - not doing it would probably be more original, haha. Anyway - what do you guys think? To cut or not to cut?

Pictures via weheartit.com, my.metromode.se, annaliina.indiedays.com, stylebykling.nowmanifest.com and nyheter24.se/modette/angelicablick/

4 comments:

  1. I vote YES for the cut = it is difficult to admit it, but we definitely need one from time to time to strengthen them. The drastic cut I did last year really did a lot of good to my hair and now they are growing wealthier. But you shouldn't cut them as short as I did ;).

    And for the style, you should just try to sleep with a low bun, it helped mines to get curly.

    I vote NO for the ombré = it is aleady too 2012. Think about 2013. And nothing worths a natural color. And yours is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks julia. I'll think about it <3

      Delete
  2. Definitely go for a hair cut like the ones pictured. By what you've been posting, it seems that you've started a new school, so it seems right to have a fresh start and a new image. I don't think that you should go ombre- your hair is the most beautiful, pure blonde and I don't see why you should ever dye it! But having said that, I dip-dyed my hair (which is dark blonde, I wish I had your colour hair) pastel pink this summer and it looked really nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment :) I'm starting to think that cutting some of it off really is a good idea! And yeah, the ombre trend is soon going to be over anyway. It's nice to use the Isadora hair mascara to create a short-term dip dye though. :)

      Delete