Tuesday, August 28, 2012

BOURGOGNE









Bad, bad, BAAD blogger me. Once again, it's been a week since I posted. There's just been so much going on!!

Ok, let's start with the photos. I told you in my last post that I was going to take a short trip - and so I did, to FRANCE! We went there to throw a concert with our choir. Our destination was a small, beautiful village in the area of Bourgogne. Going there felt really nice and cosy since I have family living in another village in Bourgogne - the scent of the place and the song of the pigeons made me feel like I was coming to a second home. I loved the old buildings and the flowers that bloomed everywhere, and the fact that it was still warm and all summery, which is not the case in Finland - it's true that I've been waiting for autumn but when the warmth surrounded me, I couldn't help feeling sad that this summer's been so dull and cold here where I live. Anyway, the whole trip was a success, the atmosphere was great. Fun fact: I tasted escargots for the first time in my life and loved them :)

Oh, and we did take a quick tour around Paris on our way to the airport. This wasn't such an experience to me since I've been to the city numerous times, but I did manage to take quite a good shot of Tour Eiffel, don't you think?

I'll be back soon enough to show you some of my latest shoppings for this fall, but now I'm just going to relax with an episode of Good Wife after this really hectic week. See you!

4 comments:

  1. Ihania kuvia! ^^ Aivan huippuotoksia kyllä.
    Harmi kyllä en ole maistanut itse etanoita Ranskassa, pelkästään yhdessä paikallisessa ravintolassa..no nekin oli aika herkullisia!

    Satu
    Indie by heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos paljon, itse tuntui että osa jäi vähän harmaiksi tms mutta kiva jos tykkäsit :)
      Luulenpa että etanat maistuu suht samalta missä tahansa, tai mä en varmaan ainakaan huomais eroa! :D

      Delete
  2. Hey, what type of choir are you in? I'm in a church choir :) wow, Bourgogne looks really nice and rustic! ~good photos, as always! And don't worry, Britain has had a rubbish summer too, if it makes you feel any better :) I'm going to France on a school trip in October, and we will have to try snails too! I am NOT looking forward to that! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely look forward to it, they were really good! :D I don't really know how to describe our choir, we do lots of different kinds of music. The concert in Bourgogne was entirely church music, though. :) I hope you have a good time in France!

      Delete